Manufacturers in the process industry face operational and supply chain disruptions as countries around the world introduced lockdowns, travel restrictions and work suspension to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The disruption is forcing manufacturers to rethink their operations & global supply chain model and to explore new technology solutions to increase resilience and future-proof their business. A key technology is the creation of Digital Twin through implementation of Industry 4.0 which will enable integrated information flows within the entire value chain, digitisation of internal operations, and a stronger digital supply chain structure.
By adopting the Industry 4.0 approach, stakeholders in the process industry, from instrument to product manufacturers and from the entire supply chain to end customers, will be able to anticipate and respond promptly when unexpected events or disruption emerges.
Registration is closed.
ABOUT INDUSTRY 4.0 IN THE PROCESS INDUSTRY
Industry 4.0, considered as the fourth industrial revolution, for the process industry can be defined as a group of technologies that enable an end-to-end integration driving towards the creation of a Digital Twin.
The ultimate goal of a Digital Twin is to establish an integration of physical and software components that are deeply interconnected. Each component operates at different spatial and temporal scales, exhibiting multiple and distinct behavioural modalities, and interacting with each other in a myriad of ways that change with the context.
To capitalise on this transformation, it is essential to understand the specific families of relevant technologies, their impacts on the current business processes, and how to structure a proper path. An ideal starting point would be the adoption of the Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI), an Industry 4.0 framework that supports the process industry manufacturers in structuring their digitisation journey, and measuring their progress in a timely manner.
IMPORTANCE OF A STRUCTURED APPROACH OF INDUSTRY 4.0 FOR THE PROCESS INDUSTRY
To create a resilient business, it is extremely important to understand what the actual, current maturity level of all processes within the plant are, considering the current digital initiatives in place and the way they operate, and inter-operate.
As a next step, the conceptualisation and identification of the most beneficial technological solutions become a must, together with a specific timeline and related financial considerations.
This approach, also articulated by the Smart Industry Readiness Index, will ensure a smooth process for the implementation of Industry 4.0.
KNOWLEDGE SHARING THROUGH COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR
To help you understand how you can start, scale, adapt and sustain an Industry 4.0 transformation with a step-by-step approach for an end-to-end integration of both internal business processes & external supply chain, TÜV SÜD’s expert will cover all aspects of Industry 4.0 and the Smart Industry Readiness Index over a complimentary webinar:
Date: 9th July 2020
Time: 12PM IST
Duration: 1 Hour
Speaker: TÜV SÜD’s Industry 4.0 Expert
POINTS TO BE COVERED IN THE WEBINAR
Industry 4.0 is the natural technological evolution of the process industry, digitalisation of business processes, i.e. maintenance, quality control, planning, can benefit from the implementation of a Digital Twin where IT and OT will converge.
To build the right approach towards the adoption of Industry 4.0, targeting the Digital Twin as a stepping stone, companies need to better understand what their actual readiness level is, identify and/or conceptualise the most impactful technological solutions and move towards a step by step implementation.
- How to evaluate your digital readiness level through the Smart Industry Readiness Index
- How to structure a digital transformation roadmap
- Key technologies for the implementation of a Digital Twin in the process industry
- Q & A session
Click here, for more information on Smart Industry Readiness Index.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Scope of our Smart Industry Readiness Index Services - Systematic Transformation in Three Steps:
- Step 1- Initiation:
- Smart Industry Readiness Index Assessment
- Gap Analysis and Derivation of Focus Dimensions
- Step 2 – Solutioning:
- Transformation Roadmap Development
- Business Case
- Step 3 – Implementation:
- Review and Control
- Integration and Optimisation
BUSINESS BENEFITS OF INDUSTRY 4.0 IN THE PROCESS INDUSTRY
- All information generated by the plant are digitalised, streamed and analysed in real-time – enabling faster evaluation of design alternatives due to continuously solved and flexible specifications, and continuous process improvement.
- Capitalise on the continuous growth of the digital information to represent all the plant equipment and processes – Making the right use of the growing amount of information, through the adoption of advanced analytics and/or AI, enables an integrated asset modelling of interacting but separate systems.
- Increased agility and efficient decision-making process – as information from Controls, Mechanical, Piping, all contribute to the engineering database through simulation-driven processes based on the mechanical design and control strategy.
We strongly recommend that you undertake Smart Industry Readiness Index assessment process, to start your Industry 4.0 migration by taking a targeted and step-wise approach.
A comprehensive session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have on your processes / operations - starting with an in-depth assessment on your current facilities.
To know more about the Smart Industry Readiness Index, please mail us on email@example.com