Protect the safety of children with TÜV SÜD
Toy brands, manufacturers, retailers and importers are facing unprecedented challenges in today’s global marketplace. There is growing knowledge and understanding of the risks posed by hazardous substances and poor designs. As a result, the regulatory landscape is becoming increasingly stringent worldwide.
From design review to product testing, pre and post-shipment inspections, factory audits and retail audit testing, TÜV SÜD’s comprehensive range of solutions allows our customers throughout the entire supply chain to demonstrate their commitment to product quality and safety.
TÜV SÜD supports manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and brands by performing the necessary tests depending on the market in which the toy is to be sold and nature of the product:
- EU: EN 71 European Standard for Toys, REACH regulation, EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC
- US: CPSIA, ASTM F963, FDA, California Prop 65
- Canada: Hazardous Products (Toys) Regulations
- Australia and New Zealand: AS/NZS ISO 8124
- China: GB 6675-2003 National SafetyTechnical Code for Toys, GB 19865-2005 safety of electric toys
- International: ISO 8124-1:2009 Safety of Toys
Our services at a glance
Mechanical and flammability testing
Mechanical testing and assessment for components and products are obtainable to customers on an international basis. A variety of components are tested for mechanical properties by knowledgeable experts with years of market experience.
- Use/Abuse testing
- Age-grading testing
- Durability and fatigue testing
Regulations strictly limit the amount of these substances that may be used during manufacturing and subsequently released when the product is used. These regulations vary from market to market. To help you operate within the regulated limits, TÜV SÜD offers chemical testing services for:
- Banned amines (Azo dyes test)
- Extractable heavy metals such as lead and cadmium
- Chemicals such as Pentachiorophenol and other Chlorophenols
- Phthalates in plastics and PVC
- Nickel content for skin contact metal components
- Carcinogenic dyes and allergic disperse dyes
Electrical and EMC testing
TÜV SÜD is one of the leading independent Electrical and EMC testing facilities that provide a full suite of EMC test capabilities. Product certification services in compliance with the e/E, CB, CE, Bluetooth, BSMI, FCC and IDA regulations are also available.
- Electrical safety testing
- EMC testing