The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) is a Best Practice Framework in IT Service Management which is used by many hundreds of organisations around the world. A whole ITIL® philosophy has grown up around the guidance contained within the ITIL® books and the supporting certification and qualification scheme.
Adopting ITIL® can offer users a huge range of benefits that include:
- improved IT services
- reduced costs
- improved customer satisfaction through a more professional approach to service delivery
- improved productivity
- improved use of skills and experience
- improved delivery of third party service
- All ITIL examinations reflect the lifecycle based structure within the ITIL Best Practice guidance, and are therefore modular in nature.
- All examinations are multiple choice and have been designed to test at a variety of levels of difficulty in learning process using Bloom's Taxonomy principles adapted to the specific ITIL principles. The level of difficulty depends on the level of scheme or qualification supported.
- The Intermediate Level exams utilise Bloom's levels 3 and 4 and require candidates to have deep level of understanding of the subject matter and to demonstrate how to apply and execute the concepts in the workplace.
- The ITIL Master Qualification is the highest level of qualification achievement possible within the official ITIL scheme. This qualification does not have a supporting examination, but tests via assessment of written submissions and oral interview.
Click here for an elaborate insight on ITIL® Examination and Certification