Foundation Certificate in ITSM
You are familiar with the basic objectives and contents of ISO/IEC 20000 and able to provide support in establishing a manage ment system. You have basic knowledge of best practices and the continual improvement process (CIP). The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate forms the basis of more advanced training and certification according to ISO/IEC 20000 and is endorsed as complementary qualification within the ITIL ® V3-Scheme (1 point).
- Professional Certificate Support of IT Services
- Professional Certificate Management and Improvement of ITSM
- Professional Certificate Alignment of IT and the Business
- Professional Certificate Control of IT Services
- Professional Certificate Delivery of IT Services
Based on typical operational and tactical roles in organizations seeking ISO/IEC 20000 certification, you will acquire detailed implementation-oriented knowledge of the standard. Real life examples will familiarise you with the daily requirements to be fulfilled by the various roles and enable you to satisfy these requirements by preparing process descriptions and the required documentation and by applying tools which proved their worth in practice. To continue on the next level (track) you need three professional level certificates.
IT Auditing Track
- Internal Auditor Certificate in ITSM
- Executive Auditor Certificate in ITSM
You will obtain the required expertise to perform both internal and external audits. You will receive training in planning and conducting audits and in preparing audit reports. You will learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000 within an audit context, recognise opportunities for improvement and phrase appropriate measures. At the highest qualification level you will learn to lead an audit team and to plan even more complex audits in line with the requirements outlined in the ISO 19011 standard.
IT Management Track
- Consultant / Manager Certificate in ITSM
- Executive Consultant / Manager Certificate in ITSM
You will learn how to implement both a management and an improvement system with the aid of real-life scenarios. You will become familiar with the advantages of standards and how to implement methodical procedures, but will also be challenged with typical problems and learn how to handle them. This certification provides you with in-depth consultant or manager knowledge and enables you to give advice on implementing ISO/IEC 20000 in organisations.
Foundation Bridge Exam in ITSM
- The Foundation Bridge Examination according to ISO / IEC 20000 is intended for professionals in IT service management with solid knowledge and experience within IT service management, with a minimum certification level of ITIL® Foundation (V2 and / or V3), who want to focus on or become proficient in IT service management according to ISO / IEC 20000.
- The Foundation Certificate in ITSM according to ISO / IEC 20000 is a prerequisite for the other qualifications within the qualification scheme.
To sit the Foundation Bridge Examination in IT service management according to ISO / IEC 20000, candidates must hold a Foundation Certificate based on ITIL® V2 or V3.
Duration of examination:
Associate Certificate in ITSM
Benefits of the qualification:
- How to coordinate and manage IT services
- How to plan the activities for the four service provision areas
- How to document processes and activities
- How to manage documents through their lifecycle
- How to define roles and responsibilities
- How to review and manage staff competencies and training needs
- How to handle risks to the Service Management organisation on the operational and tactical level
- How to apply continual service improvement
- How to report on performance and effectiveness of processes
- How to report on the performance of services
- How to define improvements for the IT service provisioning processes
- How to define a plan for a Service Management process
- The target group for this qualification includes those personnel who are involved in a practical way in:
- Implementation, improvement or quality assurance of IT service provision processes
- Implementation or improvement of the IT Service management system
- Coordinating IT service provision areas
And / or
- Reporting on the performance and effectiveness of IT Service Management
Duration of examination:
65% of the questions to be answered correctly (52 of 80).