What is Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CLSSYB)?
Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CLSSYB) provides an elementary understanding to the Lean Six Sigma framework. Within the Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology, the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is a certification that enables professionals to implement small scale projects and / or support Green Belt and Black Belt professionals in their process improvement initiatives.
Who should get certified?
TÜV SÜD’s Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program is targeted towards entry-level representatives or final year B-school / Engineering applicants who wish to familiarize themselves with the basic concepts of Lean Six Sigma and want to build a career in Quality Management.
A professional who is well versed with the foundational elements of the Lean Six Sigma methodology would essentially administer small projects using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle.
Training & Certification Pedagogy
18 hours | 2 days instructor-led classroom training.
- Learn under the guidance of certified Lean Six Sigma experts with multi-industry exposure and extensive project knowledge.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training kit
- Sample question papers
- End-to-end project support
- Globally accepted Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate
There are no eligibility criteria for the Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CLSSYB) certification.
Body of Knowledge (BoK)
TÜV SÜD follows an internationally accepted Body of Knowledge concept, which is revised regularly considering the changing dynamics of industries across the globe. The course outline would cover the following concepts:
- Six Sigma - Overview and Evolution
- What is Lean / Six Sigma and Why Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- DMAIC methodology
- Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Voice of Customer
- CTP and CTP Concept of y= f(x)
- SIPOC Diagram
- Quality Tools for Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Examination and Certification
Candidates are required to pass a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)-based online examination measuring the comprehension of TÜV SÜD’s Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge. The duration of the examination is 60 minutes, with 40 MCQs, offered in English.
All candidates scoring 60% or above are awarded with TÜV SÜD’s Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate.
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program prepares participants to upskill their business efficiency through enhanced learning, performance and fulfilment. With our Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program, participants are able to:
- Understand the overall Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology.
- Limit or even eliminate wasted time and effort in daily work tasks.
- Collect and analyze data to reach actionable conclusions, as well as measuring results of those actions.
- Acquire required authorizations for Lean Six Sigma initiatives from peers and managers.
- Aid Green Belt and Black Belt leaders in developing measurements to quantify success.
- Support in the analysis and improvement of a Six Sigma process as applied to an organization.
- Globally accepted Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate.