What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of practices, used to systematically improve processes by eliminating defects. A defect can be failure of a product, process or service, in meeting the requirements of internal or external customers. The Six Sigma standard is to reduce the defects to 3.4 per one million opportunities. Since it was first used by Motorola in manufacturing, it’s use has spread to almost every industry.
Understand about Lean and Six Sigma
Like Six Sigma, the end objective of Lean as well, is process improvement. However, Lean focuses on eliminating wastes. Rather than focusing on one point in a process, Lean requires optimizing a process as it flows through the various technologies, assets and departments before reaching customers.
Lean Six Sigma is a synergized managerial concept of Lean and Six Sigma and is one of the most relied upon approaches for process improvement across industries. In a nutshell, Lean exposes sources of process variation, while Six Sigma aims to reduce that variation by enabling a virtuous cycle of iterative improvements towards the goal of continuous flow.
It is important to understand Lean Six Sigma as a set of techniques that enhances data-driven decision making and process improvement initiatives in a wide variety of situations. Lean Six Sigma techniques can be learnt through daily application oriented language. One needs to get trained as an improvement specialist through Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training programs.
Become a process improvement specialist
Lean Six Sigma Training and Certification requires a step-by-step approach.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt serves as a theoretical introduction to Lean Six Sigma concepts and is mostly conducted as an awareness session within institutes and organizations.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt - The formal training on Lean Six Sigma starts with the Green Belt. To complete this certification, one does not require a certification in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt as a pre-requisite.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - The next level of certification is the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, for which a pre-requisite in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is mandatory.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt - Once certified in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, professionals aim to achieve the highest qualification level in Lean Six Sigma - the Master Black Belt.
Why should you choose TÜV SÜD?
TÜV SÜD is globally recognized for its training & certification services and currently caters to a client base of over 20,000 organizations.
We provide effective training paths to support the growth of individuals and organisations, whether in one of our public training programmes or in customised in-house solutions.
- Certificates that hold global recognition
- Experiential based trainings
- Training experts with both, local and global expertise
- Interactive learning formats
- Tailor-made training programmes
- Extensive network for experienced trainers and consultants
About TÜV SÜD
Headquartered in Munich, Germany and founded in 1866, TÜV SÜD is one of the world's leading technical service provider of testing and product certification, inspection, auditing and system certification as well as training solutions.
Today, we are represented by about 24,000 employees across more than 1,000 locations, partnering clients wherever they are in the world.