Make your energy efficiency endeavours clearly visible
To a green consumer, energy efficiency labels are among the most important things to look for on a product. They describe a product’s energy performance and rating on a comparative scale. Consumers and manufacturers value them as clear proof that industry and government energy efficiency regulations and standards are met.
TÜV SÜD provides the necessary testing and compliance support to enable manufacturers and retailers to accurately demonstrate the energy efficiency of their product.
Our services at a glance
ErP (Energy-related Product) Directive - 2009/125/EC
- Formerly known as the EuP Directive 2005/32/EC, the ErP Directive is a framework directive for ecodesign.
- The Directive covers products that use, generate, transfer and measure energy.y
- TÜV SÜD provides two product certification marks under the ErP Directive: TÜV SÜD ErP Mark and TÜV SÜD Ecodesign Mark
- The Directive is also known as the Ecodesign Directive
Energy Label Directive – 2010/30/EU
- A recast of EU Directive 92/75/EC, the EU Energy Label Directive is an energy consumption labelling scheme for various household appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines and dryers, dishwashers, ovens, water heaters, lighting sources and air-conditioning appliances.
- TÜV SÜD provides technical documentation support to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the label.
TÜV SÜD Standby Power Mark
- Standby functionalities of electrical products use a substantial amount of energy.
- The annual electricity consumption related to standby functionalities and off-mode energy losses only for the EU alone have been estimated to have reached 47 TWh just for the year 2005.
- The TÜV SÜD Standby Power Mark was created to enable the clear identification of products featuring high energy savings from reduced standby power consumption.
- The mark is applicable for all electrical products with standby functions.
Canada Energy Efficiency Regulation
- Compliance to the Canada Energy Efficiency Regulation and Act is mandatory for many products.
- TÜV SÜD supports manufacturers in meeting the necessary compliance and provides the mandatory verification mark to enter the market.
Australia/ New Zealand MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standards)
- Compliance to the Australia/New Zealand Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) is required for many products while the Mandatory Star Rating Label Scheme is required for certain products.
- TÜV SÜD supports manufacturers in meeting the necessary compliance and obtaining the approvals and voluntary endorsement labels required to enter the market.
Other national energy efficiency
We provide testing and compliance support to meet the requirements of various national energy efficiency regulations and labelling programmes such as:
- Asia Pacific:
- Australia/New Zealand Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) and Energy Rating Labels (ERL)
- China Energy Label
- Hong Kong Energy Efficiency Labelling Scheme (EELS)
- India Energy Efficiency Star Label
- Singapore Energy Label
- UK Energy Saving Trust
- Germany: Blue Angel
- EU Ecolabel (EU Flower label)